[Click to enlarge the image]
You may ask yourself why orthodontics?
To achieve a beautiful smile is the reason most people take part in orthodontics. For Dr. Parker, Dr. Schleicher and Dr. Read and the staff at Parker-Read Dental in Houston Texas it is so much more than a beautiful smile. It is believed by the American Association of Orthodontists that straighter teeth can assist patients in effectively chewing, biting, and speaking. Additionally, they can contribute to healthier teeth and gums, and can provide a wonderful aesthetic asset. Patients also enjoy better self-esteem and confidence thanks to the improved, pleasing appearance they are able to achieve with orthodontic services. Orthodontic treatment can improve business and personal relationships and contribute to improved social and career success while also enhancing one’s overall quality of life. Because of this, the team at Parker-Read Dental may encourage patients to consider the advantages of orthodontic treatment and learn about how it can dramatically enhance the way they view themselves.
The recommended age to be seen for an orthodontic evaluation is no later than 7 years old. At an early age, we can evaluate and avoid future dental complications that may result in cavities, periodontal disease, abnormal skeletal growth, or unwanted oral habits. Although an evaluation by 7 years old is ideal, orthodontics is available to patients of all ages including adolescents and adults. Over 20 percent of orthodontic patients are adults!
It is a great time to have your orthodontic treatment completed! There are many options available from metal brackets and porcelain brackets to clear aligners. Clear aligners are known as Invisalign. With clear aligners, you can have your orthodontic treatment completed and still be able to remove your trays to eat, drink, brush and floss as you want!
Typical treatment time for each orthodontic service ranges from one to three years, this varies depending on the growth rate of your jaw and face. The growth of your jaw and face will also determine the complexity of the treatment needed, so the time to finish each individual case may vary. If you have any questions, just let us know during your consultation! Below are images of the types of results that can be achieved.
- Invisible Braces Houston - Practices for oral health during Invisalign invisible braces treatment in Houston
- Does Invisalign Work Houston - Houston area patients ask, "Does Invisalign really work?"
- Clear Braces Houston - The advantages of clear braces over traditional orthodontics for Houston patients
- Invisalign Dentist Houston - Houston patients ask the dentist, "Why should I choose Invisalign over traditional braces?"
- Dental Braces & Retainers, Houston - Braces, retainers, and Invisalign - choosing the right dental option for you in Houston
- Teeth Braces in Texas - For adults with misaligned teeth, braces in Texas can be discreet
- Adult Braces Houston - It is never too late to have a beautiful healthy smile
- Invisalign Braces Houston - Invisalign braces Houston
- Types of Braces Houston - Houston dentistry offers different types of braces to meet patients' needs