You may ask yourself why orthodontics?
To capture a beautiful smile is why most people take part in orthodontics. For Dr. Parker, Dr. Schleicher and Dr. Read and the staff at Schleicher-Read-Parker in Houston Texas it is so much more than a beautiful smile. The American Association of Orthodontists explains, "Straight teeth help an individual to effectively bite, chew and speak. Straight teeth contribute to healthy teeth and gums. An attractive smile is a wonderful asset. It contributes to self-esteem, self-confidence and self-image—important qualities at every age. A pleasing appearance is a vital component of self-confidence. A person's self-esteem often improves as orthodontic treatment brings teeth, lips and face into proportion. In this way, orthodontic treatment can benefit social and career success, as well as improve a person's general attitude toward life."
The recommended age to be seen by for an orthodontic evaluation is no later than 7 years old. At an early age we can evaluate and avoid future dental complications that may result in: cavities, periodontal disease, abnormal skeletal growth or unwanted oral habits. Although an evaluation by 7 years old is ideal; orthodontics is available to patients of all ages including adolescents and adults. Over 20% of orthodontic patients are adults!
It is a great time to have your orthodontic treatment completed! There are many options available from metal brackets and porcelain brackets to clear retainers. Clear retainers are also known as Invisalign. With clear retainers you can have your orthodontic treatment completed and still be able to remove your trays to eat, drink, brush and floss as you want!
Typical treatment time for each orthodontic service ranges from one to three years, this varies depending on the growth rate of your jaw and face. The growth of your jaw and face will also determine the complexity of the treatment needed, so the time to finish each individual case may vary. If you have any questions just let us know during your consultation!
Below are images of the types of results that can be achieved.
[Click to enlarge the image]
- Invisible Braces Houston - Practices for oral health during Invisalign invisible braces treatment in Houston
- Does Invisalign Work Houston - Houston area patients ask, "Does Invisalign really work?"
- Clear Braces Houston - The advantages of clear braces over traditional orthodontics for Houston patients
- Invisalign Dentist Houston - Houston patients ask the dentist, "Why should I choose Invisalign over traditional braces?"
- Dental Braces & Retainers, Houston - Braces, retainers, and Invisalign - choosing the right dental option for you in Houston
- Teeth Braces in Texas - For adults with misaligned teeth, braces in Texas can be discreet
- Adult Braces Houston - It is never too late to have a beautiful healthy smile
- Invisalign Braces Houston - Invisalign braces Houston
- Types of Braces Houston - Houston dentistry offers different types of braces to meet patients' needs