Crowns and Bridges
"Awesome staff and facility - all digital stuff. I was really anxious and Dr. Schleicher used some medicine to relax and sedate me so the crown and root canal procedure went real smooth and I just slept through it. Rosanne explained all my insurance coverage. Highly recommend - my whole family goes there now. M Deer Houston, Texas 77024 "
A number of procedures and restorations used in cosmetic dentistry are for adding beauty to the smile. Some are used for repairing the function as well. Two restorations commonly provided at the practice of Parker-Read Dental are dental bridges and dental crowns.
Crowns and bridges are porcelain restorations that may or may not be fused to metal to provide extra strength and durability. These restorations are fabricated custom for each patient and are then bonded over the natural teeth. Crowns and bridges tend to last several years when patients maintain them with proper care. They are commonly used to address dental concerns that make patients feel unsure about their appearance or self-conscious about the way they look when they smile, laugh, or speak to others.
Dental crowns are typically created in instances when patients need protection for their natural tooth. Broken teeth need to be given extra protection to avoid the need for extraction. Patients can have a dental crown made to bond over the top of the tooth to protect it and give it the extra strength it needs to withstand biting and chewing forces. Patients who have had root canal therapy will also require the placement of a dental crown, as this procedure can leave the tooth brittle and more susceptible to damage.
Bridges, on the other hand, are used to fill gaps from missing natural teeth. They use the adjacent teeth for support. The restoration is an artificial tooth between dental crowns on each side, which are bonded over the natural teeth next to the space. Bridges are commonly utilized as alternative to partial dentures and dental implants.
At Parker-Read Dental in the Houston area, crowns and bridges are two restorations that are commonly done within the practice. With years of experience and expertise in cosmetic dentistry, you can rest assured you are working with the best!
Call Parker-Read Dental today to schedule a consultation appointment and find out if crowns and bridges can help restore the beauty of your smile!
- Dental Crowns Houston TX - Zirconia dental crowns are beautifying smiles in Houston, TX
- What Are Dental Crowns and Tooth Bridges Houston - What are the benefits of zirconia dental crowns and tooth bridges in Houston?
- What are Dental Crowns and Tooth Bridges Houston, TX - What are dental crowns and tooth bridges used for in Houston, TX
- Dental Bridge Replacement Houston TX - A dental bridge an excellent choice for tooth replacement in the Houston, TX area
- Dental Bridges Houston, TX - Tips for maximizing your dental bridges in Houston, TX
- Dental Bridges Houston - Dental bridges for missing teeth in Houston
- Teeth Crowns Houston - Why patients in Houston may need dental crowns for their teeth
- Bridges, Houston - Placing a dental bridge in Houston, TX
- Teeth Crowns in Houston - Options for Restoring Teeth – Crowns in Houston
- Crowns for Teeth Houston - Porcelain crowns for teeth in Houston are beautiful
- What is Dental Crown Houston - Save damaged teeth with dental crowns
- Crowns and Bridges Procedure Houston - Understanding dental crowns and bridges procedures
- Types of Crown for Teeth Houston - Houston dentist explains why a zirconium crown is safer for opposing teeth than other types of ceramics
- Stainless Steel Crown Houston - Could a stainless steel crown from your Houston dentist be advisable?