"We have been patients since 1983. Needless to say, we have watched Dr. Schleicher's practice grow into a large facility. Also, during that time, we have had numerous procedures, all of which were done successfully and painless. For more complicated procedures, a pre-treatment plan was submitted by them to our insurance company, so there were no surprises when it came time to pay once the procedure was done. Dr. Schleicher worked miracles on my morning headaches by developing a night guard to prevent my teeth grinding that resulted in my now painless morning wake-ups. We would (and have) recommended Dr. Schleicher to anyone looking for a great dentist! "
Abby Houston, Texas
It is nothing new that millions of Americans deal with migraines and headaches. Headaches can have a wide range of causes, though most of the diagnosed headaches are a result of muscle tension. This can create not only headaches but severe migraines in many patients. Health care practitioners typically address these concerns with pharmaceuticals to help patients seeking relief from the symptoms they have.
The most common types of headaches include:
- Muscle tension, which occur in the neck or temples and can be constant or throbbing.
- Migraines, associated with dizziness, light sensitivity, poor sound tolerance, and neurological symptoms.
- Sinus headaches, associated with pressure and pain in the forehead or underneath the eyes.
If you are receiving care for your headache and migraines from a physician, this is great to hear, as pharmaceuticals can help patients in getting back their quality of life when headaches and migraines occur. Other patients may be able to find relief by visiting a dentist. A dentist who is trained in treating headaches effectively, such as the team of Schleicher-Read-Parker, may be able to analyze the neuromuscular issues and jaw positioning which may be factors contributing to the headaches and migraines. Help from a dentist may also be desirable when patients find that their condition is not responding to traditional medications.
The headaches commonly not responsive to conventional treatment solutions are typically the types of headaches our practice specializes in treating. We provide patients with solutions such as non-invasive appliance therapy, which eliminates the need for pharmaceuticals in many instances. Oral appliance therapy is proven effective in situations in which patients are unable to control their condition with medication. Our practice works with a wide range of oral appliances and can help determine the one best to meet the needs of each specific individual and their unique situations.
If you live in the Houston community and are ready to seek further assistance for your migraines and headaches, now is the time to work with the dental team at Schleicher-Read-Parker to learn about oral appliance therapy. This may be a wonderful option for you if you have struggled with migraines and headaches with no relief from traditional therapies.
- Types of Headaches Houston - Various types of headaches treated in our Houston dental practice
- Chronic Headaches Houston, TX - Custom mouthpieces can help with chronic headaches for Houston, TX area residents
- Causes of Sinus Headaches Houston - Houston residents ask, "What are the causes of sinus headaches?"
- Tension Headaches Houston - Relief for tension headaches in Houston
- Headaches Houston - Houston dentists help patients ease their headaches
- TMJ Houston - Understanding headaches
- What causes Headache Houston - An overview of what causes headaches
- Migraine Headaches Houston - Houston dentists may have a solution for your migraine headaches
- Sinus Headaches Houston - Sinus headaches may be a misdiagnosis, visit your Houston dentists for help
- Headache Treatment Houston - Safe headache treatment from your Houston dentist