"I am a patient of Dr. Schleicher and I will never go to another dentist. Dr. Schleicher is the best of the best! After not having been to a dentist for many years (approximately 10 years,) I needed a lot of dental work. Sleep sedation dentistry is the way to go. I needed a deep cleaning, root canal, crown and 5 fillings done. This would have consisted of 4 to 5 regular appointments. Dr. Schleicher gave me some medicine, I drifted off to sleep and woke up 4 hours later with all the work done. I highly recommend it to any fellow "chicken" I didn't experience any pain, sounds or any of the usual stuff that makes it hard for me to sit in the dentist's chair. The staff, surroundings and equipment are all designed to make you feel comfortable as well. I was also very impressed that Dr. Schleicher himself called me on a Sunday afternoon to check and see how I was doing after my Friday appointment. Dr. Schleicher, you are the BEST!! I would highly recommend you to anyone! "
J. K Houston, Texas
Physicians have been using sedation for patients in the United States for years. It is common for patients who have medical work and surgeries to have sedation while the treatment is being performed. This is for both the benefit of the physician and comfort of the patient. When patients ask their dentist for similar sedation, they are often talked out of it because the dentist has not been through the proper training and the appropriate accreditation process necessary to be able to provide this service. Thankfully, at Parker-Read Dental, we are experienced and able to offer sedation dentistry to put our patients as ease and help them have a more positive dental experience.
Our practice provides oral conscious sedation. Oral conscious sedation, which uses medication in the form of a pill, is highly desirable as many of our patients have phobias surrounding injections and needles. Oral sedation is safe and allows the dentist to work on patients for a longer period, performing more than one procedure during an appointment if necessary. The medication’s effects last for several hours even after the appointment, reducing discomfort that may otherwise be experienced following the procedures. This medication is a common sleeping pill that has been used for many years to assist patients in getting a good night’s sleep—but has also been proven effective at helping patients rest during dental procedures. We provide an appropriate dose to ensure effectiveness and we monitor the patients throughout their procedure with hospital-type, state-of-the-art monitoring equipment that assesses the pulse, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation in the blood. Our team is highly trained in providing oral conscious sedation and also ensuring the procedure is done safely with proper monitoring throughout.
While under the influence of this medication, patients will be able to respond to verbal requests and will not lose consciousness. Most patients will describe the process as taking a pill and then waking up later with their appointment completed, typically with no recollection of the entire appointment. Patients who use oral conscious sedation must arrange to have someone take them home after their appointment, as they should not be operating a motor vehicle.
- Oral Medication Houston - Achieve your smile and oral health goals with sedative medication in our Houston practice
- Oral Sedation Method Houston TX - Oral sedation a great method used in our Houston, TX practice to help you keep your smile healthy
- IV Sedation Houston, TX - Oral Sedation: an alternative to IV Sedation for Houston, TX area residents
- Sedation Dentistry Process Houston, TX - What is the oral sedation dentistry process for Houston, TX patients?
- Sedation Dental Treatment Houston, Texas - How oral sedation for dental treatment works in Houston
- Types of Sedation Dentistry, Houston - Houston dental group offers various types of sedation dentistry
- Oral Sedation in Houston - Stress Free Dentistry with Oral Sedation in Houston
- Houston Sedation Dentistry - You don't have to let dental fear ruin your oral health
- What is Sedation Dentistry Houston - What are the benefits of sedation dentistry in Houston?
- Advanced Sedation Dentistry Houston - Relax with advanced sedation dentistry in Houston
- Advanced Dentistry Houston - Houston practice offers advanced dentistry with the comfort of sedation
- Sedation Dental Treatment Houston - You can have a comfortable dental treatment with sedation
- IV Sedation Dentistry Houston - Oral sedation – an effective alternative to IV sedation dentistry in Houston